We are hiring
Facilitators of digital workshops
What is the need for the position?
GénieLab is looking for enthusiastic and outgoing animators to lead our online techno-creative workshops. The facilitator will lead workshops for youth aged 8-17 years old on topics such as
- artificial intelligence,
- sound, visual and/or digital creation,
- and other creative ways to use technology.
Those selected must have good skills with science popularization, especially online communication to create an engaging and fun experience for participants. Facilitators must be available in the evenings (~4pm-7pm) and on weekends. Some workshops may take place during the week, but in such cases you will be notified in advance to check your availability.
Job Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with the instructional technology team to focus on the desired learning outcomes.
- Facilitate and/or support the delivery of virtual training led by the training team
- Learn the content of the workshops, and attend internal trainings
- Serve as a key point of contact between the internal and external training team and business partners for assigned projects
- Recording and facilitating workshops with Zoom
- Keep track of participant numbers and demographics.
- Constantly analyze the effectiveness of the training to drive necessary improvements according to established evaluation criteria.
- Act as a learning expert and champion and communicate effectively internally
- Collaborate with internal and occasional external services on assigned projects
Qualifications and assets of the person
- Experience with online animation with youth (experience with youth with learning disabilities a great asset)
- Experience with micro:bit/makecode.org, arduino, Watson AI, Scratch, and/or other online authoring tools
- At least basic experience with coding/programming
- Formal training in educational technology and/or instructional design an asset
- Certificate and/or experience in a related field (e.g. design, tutoring, science, technology, digital artist)
- Fast and independent learner, welcomes challenges and is ready to step out of his own comfort zone
- Good work ethic and reliability
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to build effective relationships within the team and across the organization
- High level of organization
- Focused on measuring results and focused on both the big picture and the small picture
- Open mind, ready to learn from mistakes and from others
- Good sense of teamwork
Terms and conditions of the position :
- From 5 to 8 hours per week at the beginning according to needs;
- Animations are done online.
- Workshops take place for the most part on weekday evenings or weekend mornings.
- Sub-contractor position to start, with an hourly rate of $17-$20 depending on experience in the field.
- As the demand for workshops increases, there will be opportunities for more regular hours and employee status.
- We work remotely and have cloud computing management tools such as: Slack, GSuite, Asana (project management)
- Our business meetings take place on Google Meet, Zoom, or similar online platforms.
- Expected date of entry: as soon as possible.
Inclusion and diversity are part of what makes GenieLab strong and resilient; the
women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons with
LGBTQ+ people are strongly encouraged to apply.